Why become a MARAC-authorised motor dealer?
Experienced Account Managers
Our Account Managers have hands-on experience and a passion for the motor industry. They are experts in MARAC’s financial packages, and pride themselves on the personal service and strong relationships they build with MARAC-authorised motor dealers and individual customers.
MARAC’s Account Managers conduct regular training sessions on products, processes, the online system and legislation.
Seven-day approvals centre
Our operating hours for loan approvals are 8am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm Saturday and 10am to 4pm Sunday and Public Holidays (extended to 10.30pm Monday to Thursday for internet applications). There are separate centres in Auckland and Christchurch.
Fast, efficient approvals
The answer on whether a customer’s application is approved is generally provided within half an hour.
Full range of finance, lease and insurance products
We offer a full suite of finance, lease and insurance packages for funding both new and used vehicles, giving you the ability to increase finance and insurance income.
Commission is paid at the end of each month direct to each dealer’s nominated bank account.
Online quoting, application and approval system
MARAC has developed a fully integrated online finance system that allows dealers to quote, apply and get approvals in real time.
Comprehensive customer retention programme
We’ve developed a customer retention programme specifically designed for dealers, which offers customers specials such as payment breaks, loan top-ups and term extensions. These offers reduce early settlements, cut down clawbacks, and increase your chance of repeat business and future commissions.
How does it work?
- The customer completes a credit application which you send us with a vehicle details sheet for assessment.
- When we have made a decision, a lending officer will phone you and then follow up with a fax or email outlining any conditions.
- You complete the documents with the customer and fax through a copy of the VOSA (vehicle offer and sale agreement), confirmation of insurance and direct debit authority, along with any other approval conditions.
- We process the paperwork and pay out the loan amount.
- You post the original copies of all documents to MARAC.
- The customer makes repayments direct to MARAC. We take responsibility for credit risk and control of the contract, as well as dealing with enquiries from your customer.
How to become a MARAC-authorised motor vehicle dealer
Click here to fill in our online dealer application form (it takes less than five minutes to complete) and one of our account managers will get in touch with you within 24 hours. Or call us on 0800 520 009 or email us if you’d like more information or to talk about becoming a MARAC-authorised motor dealer.