Experienced Account Managers
Our account managers are passionate about boating and the lifestyle it brings. They are experts in MARAC’s financial packages, and pride themselves on the personal service and strong relationships they build with MARAC dealers and individual clients.
MARAC’s account managers conduct regular training sessions on products, processes, the online system and legislation.
Seven day approvals centre
Operating hours are 8am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm Saturday and 10am to 4pm Sunday and Public Holidays (extended to 10.30pm Monday to Thursday for internet applications). There are separate centres in Auckland and Christchurch.
Fast efficient turnaround
The answer on a customer’s application is generally provided within half an hour.
Full range of finance, lease and insurance products
We offer a full suite of finance, leasing and insurance packages for funding both new and used vessels, giving you the ability to increase finance and insurance income.
Commission is paid at the end of each month direct to each dealer’s nominated bank account.
Online quoting, application, and approval system
MARAC has developed a fully integrated online finance system that allows dealers to quote, apply and get approvals in real time.
Comprehensive customer retention programme
We’ve developed a customer retention programme specifically designed for dealers, which offers customers specials such as payment breaks, loan top-ups and term extensions. This decreases clawback and increases your chance of repeat business and future commissions.
How does it work?
- The customer completes a credit application which is submitted with a vessel details sheet to us for assessment.
- Once a decision has been reached, a lending officer will contact you by phone and then follow up with a fax or email outlining any conditions.
- You complete the documents with the customer and fax through a copy of the sale and purchase agreement, confirmation of insurance and direct debit authority forms along with any other approval conditions so that we can process and pay out.
- Once payment has been made, you will need to mail the original copies of the documents to MARAC.
- Loan repayments by the customer are made directly to MARAC and we assume responsibility, credit risk and control of the contract and take care of any customer service enquiries from your client.
How to become a MARAC-authorised marine dealer
Click here to fill in our online dealer application form (will take less than 5 minutes to complete) and one of our account managers will get in touch with you within 24 hours. Or call us 0800 520 009 or email us if you’d like more information or to talk about becoming a MARAC-authorised marine dealer.